Search found 499 matches

Go to advanced search

by BornIn1500
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:31 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: It just takes the edge right off.
Replies: 75
Views: 2840

Re: It just takes the edge right off.

When cutting straps, especially when there's a chance of metal bands, why not just use some wire cutters? Seems like a better tool for the job and it's not hard to carry a small pair of them in your pocket. Or not... I mean, it has kind of been funny reading all your posts with your newfound knife i...
by BornIn1500
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:04 am
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Figured out why I prefer g10 scales
Replies: 42
Views: 2616

Re: Figured out why I prefer g10 scales

Pocket knives absolutely now have a niche as a kind of man-jewelry. That can't be denied. Lots of people make the claim of "stronger/lighter" for carbon fiber and titanium, but in reality it's only to justify their purchase just as I'm sure a lady has similar justifications for buying the latest $50...
by BornIn1500
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:07 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Larger version of the Paramilitary 2
Replies: 35
Views: 1604

Re: Larger version of the Paramilitary 2

For those of you that; A) Have use for large folders B) Love the Paramilitary 2 (but want a longer blade) I know this will sound like heresy to this crowd, but this sure seems like people would love a PM2 without that finger choil taking away blade edge. Then maybe shift the grip forward on the han...
by BornIn1500
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:22 am
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Spyderco Resilience!
Replies: 18
Views: 1125

Re: Spyderco Resilience!

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 pm
I prefer the size of it's bigger brother the Tenacious
I assume you're thinking of the Persistence?
by BornIn1500
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:12 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Larger version of the Paramilitary 2
Replies: 35
Views: 1604

Re: Larger version of the Paramilitary 2

SAF-1 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:47 am
Or at least a TIP UP Military ???

Then they'd need to have a bigger liner, which would also make it heavier. It's not possible now because it's only G10 where the clip would go. Not saying they shouldn't, but it's more complicated than just tapping the G10.
by BornIn1500
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:07 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Where is my Bow River ?
Replies: 307
Views: 26435

Re: Where is my Bow River ?

Considering you can get a Tenacious for around $40 it’s not an unfair question: why does the Bow River cost so much? It seems like you're ignoring the cost and construction of the Bow River's leather sheath. Something the Tenacious, obviously, does not come with. The cheapest I'm seeing the Tenacio...
by BornIn1500
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:18 am
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Where is my Bow River ?
Replies: 307
Views: 26435

Re: Where is my Bow River ?

yea $32 almost seems too good to be true. Would be great if it can be done.
by BornIn1500
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:08 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Where is my Bow River ?
Replies: 307
Views: 26435

Re: Where is my Bow River ?

Really doesn't seem like it will be happening before Christmas. We still haven't seen what the leather sheath will be like. If I had to guess, I'd say that may be the speed bump in this project. Maybe design changes or material source changes to get the costs down? Can't be easy to make a Spyderco-q...
by BornIn1500
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:53 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Subvert C239GPOR
Replies: 59
Views: 8338

Re: Subvert C239GPOR

What situations would a blade shape like that be better for?
by BornIn1500
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:17 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Hey Sal, any plans for CTS BD1N?
Replies: 71
Views: 15087

Re: Hey Sal, any plans for CTS BD1N?

Customers that are very cost conscious and are attracted to the "Budget" models, which are made in China, will not see the value in the higher price. Funny you say that, but I did choose the Polestar over the Tenacious because I saw the Polestar as a perfect compromise between the affordability of ...
by BornIn1500
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:56 am
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Spyderco Hatchet
Replies: 174
Views: 20883

Re: Spyderco Hatchet

Crux wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:24 am
After reviewing the pictures you posted I suspect, but don't know, that you received a counterfeit hatchet.

The hatchet is on the cusp of being delivered for the very first time. Surely no counterfeit hatchets exist for this.
by BornIn1500
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:31 am
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Spyderco Hatchet
Replies: 174
Views: 20883

Re: Spyderco Hatchet

Yea he didn't specify. Sounds like he just wants a reason to send it back now.
by BornIn1500
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Californian cancer warning
Replies: 59
Views: 3736

Re: Californian cancer warning

The fact that Cali is always the most divisive state really speaks volumes about those who run it.
by BornIn1500
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:50 am
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: My NEW Spyderco Tenacious!
Replies: 35
Views: 2233

Re: My NEW Spyderco Tenacious!

Here's mine https://i.imgur.com/QWk1GPz.jpg But the G-10 thing I was talking about looks like this. Right above the cutout for the lock bar you can see where it looks like that netting is "wrinkled" under the top clear G-10 layer. I still really like the knife and don't ever plan to send it back or ...
by BornIn1500
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:19 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: My NEW Spyderco Tenacious!
Replies: 35
Views: 2233

Re: My NEW Spyderco Tenacious!

Ohhhh.... yea mine has those too. I thought it looked pretty cool though. So that's not just a normal characteristic of BD1?
by BornIn1500
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:08 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: My NEW Spyderco Tenacious!
Replies: 35
Views: 2233

Re: My NEW Spyderco Tenacious!

severe lock stick, bulging G10 on the lockbar side caused by the high lockbar pressure, an extremely stiff and gritty pivot that was absolutely loaded with threadlocker, off-center drives on the pivot screws, and a weird/uneven finish on the non-presentation side of the blade. Interesting to see yo...
by BornIn1500
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:10 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Maintaining factory edge.
Replies: 36
Views: 1526

Re: Maintaining factory edge.

Slash wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:14 pm
Don't use the knife at all.

Uhhhh.... what?
by BornIn1500
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 pm
Forum: Spyderco Counterfeits, Clones, Replicas, etc.
Topic: Chaparral Fake?
Replies: 10
Views: 4566

Re: Chaparral Fake?

The Deacon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:31 pm
Beyond that, it's impossible to say for sure if your knife is genuine or fake. Amazon has been know to sell both.

Fakes from Amazon directly ("sold & shipped by") or from one of the 3rd party sellers? That makes a big difference.
by BornIn1500
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:53 pm
Forum: Spyderco General Discussion
Topic: Spyderco/Phil Wilson Bow River
Replies: 202
Views: 43062

Re: Spyderco/Phil Wilson Bow River

Yea I wonder if there's still some final sheath testing and design changes going on. The Spyderco guys must have seen us talking about this for so long and are choosing not to divulge more info for a reason. Pre-orders are sold out almost everywhere, so most people must have faith that it'll be good...

Go to advanced search