Spymyto is hot!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: Spymyto is hot!

Post by Buddafucco »

Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon May 06, 2024 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Just got mine.

Here's a quick shot of the internals:

I really like the way the inside of the Spydiehole is "crowned.":
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
18 Spydies, 15 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

SSD_777 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:26 pm
https://www.knivesplus.com/spyderco-spy ... anium.html

Edit: Out of stock
I just clicked your link for KnivesPlus and they had them in stock. I went ahead and ordered one. They're still showing in stock

I had decided I didn't want one of these but you enablers caught me at a weak moment. Now there's one on the way. I figure, if nothing else, it'll be a nice one for my collection

EDIT: Now it says out of stock. We'll see if I actually get one
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:50 pm
SSD_777 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:26 pm
https://www.knivesplus.com/spyderco-spy ... anium.html

Edit: Out of stock
I just clicked your link for KnivesPlus and they had them in stock. I went ahead and ordered one. They're still showing in stock

I had decided I didn't want one of these but you enablers caught me at a weak moment. Now there's one on the way. I figure, if nothing else, it'll be a nice one for my collection

EDIT: Now it says out of stock. We'll see if I actually get one
Sharp Guy,
Did you receive confirmation from Knivesplus that the transaction went through?
If “yes” that means you got the knife.
Anyway it looks like the Spymyto is selling very fast.
BAX229

Post by BAX229 »

The FOMO is strong with this one.
:usflag :respect
FloridaMan

Post by FloridaMan »

Ha Bax. I’m on a bunch of lists to be notified of the release and seems they have not been sending the notification when they go on sale. I went ahead and got one from Robco knives on eBay for 247$. He has them posted now for MSRP as I’m sure they were flying off the shelf.
If I’m notified about a release on a site I will likely buy one then just resell for what I pay to help someone out looking or wasn’t lucky enough to get one.
ilikesharpstuff

Post by ilikesharpstuff »

Available now at American Edge
ForgeThought

Post by ForgeThought »

Last edited by ForgeThought on Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

BAX229 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:54 am
The FOMO is strong with this one.
Hahahaha, you aren’t kidding! I’m stalking this thread! Check every half hour through the day. :rofl
Think for yourself
MaxxdOut

Post by MaxxdOut »

Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Last edited by Candyman on Tue May 07, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Think for yourself
MaxxdOut

Post by MaxxdOut »

FloridaMan

Post by FloridaMan »

Got one! Thanks!
infinkc

Post by infinkc »

Anyone catch in the pamphlet that it says it includes a carbide glass breaker? guess they decided not to add this. wonder if the one from the Myto and its clip will fit the spyderco one, it looks much better than the standard metal clip.
image.png
MaxxdOut

Post by MaxxdOut »

infinkc wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:50 am
Anyone catch in the pamphlet that it says it includes a carbide glass breaker? guess they decided not to add this. wonder if the one from the Myto and its clip will fit the spyderco one, it looks much better than the standard metal clip.
image.png
I would expect the clips to be interchangeable. However, I'm not 100% sure. Contact Lionsteel they might know.
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
18 Spydies, 15 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

infinkc wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:50 am
image.png
I think there's a little misunderstanding here. The glass breaker mentioned in the PIG is in the "Design Inspiration" section, and it refers to the Myto, which inspired the SpyMyto. I hope this helps clarify.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Spyderwebs

Post by Spyderwebs »

Spymyto mixed in with the current SotC.

With only 12 hours on it, I really really like this knife. The flipper is kinda worthless - I tried it but prefer the spydie flick over the flipper. Cool feature, but removed. The relief around the flipper is kinda sharp, and does not feel nice if you mash your finger into it. For a successful flick I found it better to flip straight down, parallel with the handle, and no force into the handle.

Action is great. Smooth, no grit. Flicks and locks up very nicely. Lock has no stick. Engagement is mid-way so perfect locking all around. Buttery smooth with a little silicone lube, even before a proper break in.

The rounded spine and hole are great. I could get behind this on more models. Or I might try it myself on a rubber-silicone carbide deburring wheel on my Centrofante 3 or maybe Endela.

I like the clip more than I thought I would. I have deep carry on everything, and this one scratches that itch nicely.

The Micarta is nice - it feels slightly more 'filled' than the CruCarta did initially. Out of the box its almost gray-green. Not very 'OD green', but I like it. I see with a little wetting (from water) it darkens and becomes more greenish. It will age nicely with some hand oils.

The lines on this knife are really great. The rounded spine blends nicely with the pivot side contours. Very compact compared to a lot of Spyders with taller, triangular blades. Reminds me of a shorter Native Chief almost.

The edge came pull-cut sharp but not the sharpest one out of the box I have seen. Bevel is has minor centering mismatch, like 60/40, but not bad.

The only things Im not a huge fan of - Frame locks are less fidget-y than Comp or Back lock. The frame lock is growing on me, but in terms of a fidget thingy, frame locks are inherently less so. Not a big deal as the action, lock, and unlock is very nice, and I needed to try a frame lock. 2nd, the 4mm blade stock is a wedge. 4mm is overly thick for this type of knife. 3mm would have been ideal IMO.

The soft case was a very nice feature. Much better than the standard box. Fit an finish of everything is excellent.

If you are on the fence, your FOMO should be growing bigly.