Spyderco Internet Scam

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
El Comanche

Spyderco Internet Scam

Post by El Comanche »

Hey y'all, just wanted to let you know about a company that takes your money and never sends you your knife. I ordered a white endura from greatknivesgreatprices.com with ups 2 day air on October 9th. After never receiving a tracking #(and still never receiving the knife). I have emailed 4 times with no reply and tried at least 6 times to call with only a voice mail box that is full. I finally called my bank today to get my money back.
Has anyone else had a problem with these guys? Just thought I'd give a heads up as I'm sure many of you order online. Also, if this is against any forum rules, let me know, I didn't see anything that said this would be restricted. Thanks- E
What's the difference between a Republican and a Democrat?
A Republican wants to raise your taxes a little less then a Democrat and they both disagree on which freedoms you should have taken away . . .
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

never heard of those guys, thanks for the info and im glad you got your $$ back

im a paranoid person when it comes to internet buying, my one peice of advise is to never fill out info over the web and if they offer a number to call, call it !! and place your order by phone and get a tracking number with a confirmation number aswell

i like http://www.knivecenter.com for all new items, i have never had a problem and talking to them is pleasant

if they do not offer a number to call I DONT BUY and if i were to call and the voicemail is full i wouldnt buy also

gald you got your money back, youre lucky
cyberspyder

Post by cyberspyder »

B&M stores are still the most reliable, but most of the time, online retailers offer cheaper price.
I BLEED TOXIC GREEN
:spyder: SPYDIE NUT
:spyder:

:spyder: Spyderco OG Manix PE
:spyder: Spyderco Black Dodo SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Black Paramilitary PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco SPOT PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco OG Blackhawk SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Ladybug/Photon *gone*
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

newgraham and knives plus. always great for me. and both i can order by phone.
thanks for the heads up tho
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

GreatKnivesGreatPrices.... yeah !!!!

Stay away from them. I have had similarly bad experiences with them. I prefer to give my business to someone else. Little did he know how much I do buy especially Spyderco products. It's a lesson to be learnt. Not like it's rocket science. Treat each and every customer with respect and honesty. Mistakes happen, but an open door policy and treat others as you would like to be treated and customers will always go the extra mile to recommend you and buy COPIOUS amounts of stuff from you :D

(tangent story: My Dad and I came from New Zealand to Australia in the height of summer. I was a University student with little money, my Dad was dressed like a dag (Aussie slang for.... not so cool looking :p ). We wanted to buy 2 second hand cars. Car dealer was racist and was closing doors on the cars as we were inspecting them... I mean whilst we are looking in the car itself !. We were insulted, but kept our cool and walked away. Went to the dealership next door and bought 1 brand new car, and 1 second hand car - with CASH !!!!! :D Drove past to say hello to the dealer :D We had just sold our home and most assets in NZ to migrate to Australia. Ended up buying lots of stuff with cash, and only dealt with people who helped us and were courteous to us even if we were sweating like pigs and dressed like hobos.

GreatKnivesGreatPrices as far as I know are drop-shipping, and seldom have the stock they advertise, and also they plain lie to you about the deals which you have already paid for. Stay well clear. I have learnt my lesson. Others have as well. I believe there was a massive email newsletter that was sent out by them to all his customer base a few months ago. He forgot to use BCC: but used CC: instead. So everyone was sending emails to his whole customer database telling each other of how much of a crook he is. I didn't do that, but it was not so funny to see the amount of people that really hated him.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I picked up a delica from him almost a year ago and other than the shipping being a bit slow I got my knife. Seems that people are burning up the internet talking about this guy. Here is a link to a huge thread about the people he has scammed. If it's not okay to post this link please remove. I just think it fair that everyone gets a chance to read this mess. I'm sorry for anyone that has been ripped off by this individual.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=538835
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
JD Spydo

too good to be true

Post by JD Spydo »

spyderHS08 wrote:newgraham and knives plus. always great for me. and both i can order by phone.
thanks for the heads up tho
With good knife sellers like New Graham and One Stop Knife Shop I have no need to even go anywhere else. I would have to have a lot of recommendations to even think of trying some of these other obscure websites.

When you get on a website and they have Spyders that have been discontinued for some time and they offer them at very fair prices you better run the other way as fast as you can. It's like the old buyer beware slogan that's been around for some time>>> "If it seems too good to be true then it probably is"
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Understand your annoyance with this seller. Not sure what, other than the fact it was an Endura you ordered, makes you call it a "Spyderco Internet Scam". Would bet the same thing may have happened if you ordered one of any of the other brands those folks clamin to sell. The seller's business practices have nothing to do with any particular brand, all knife buyers need to beware equally.

As for scam avoidance, I agree with everyone else who has replied to this. It is well worth the few dollars more you may pay to deal with one of the many reputable sources available. I would only add that, even when dealing with totally reliable dealers, it pays to make sure an item is in stock before electing to pay extra for expedited shipping. Even if the dealer is diligent and ships it to you the same day he receives it, having something shipped "next day air" or "two day air" three weeks from now is rarely cost effective.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kankryb

Post by kankryb »

A year ago I didn´t get what I paid for at the same place ( 5 plastic coldsteel´s) but it happens. :mad:
Morales

Post by Morales »

I bought a knife this shop on ebay some months, but it was a Boker not a Spyderco. He sent me the serrated version, but I had ought the PE-version. I emailed him, returning the knife would be ok...and I almost did it. Then outta nowhere I decided to take a look on the GBU on bladeforums and found the thread Bluntrauma has posted. I felt like a quite lucky bastard...

The history of the shop changes depending on where you find it (highschool project, grandpa started business in 60s etc.) and there are a LOT of pissed-off customers. He pretends to make things right but it looks like this going nowhere. Sad to hear that he's still ripping off people.
It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions for vegetarianism, as long as the wolves remain of a different opinion. William Ralph Inge
philthygeezer

Post by philthygeezer »

I just read the thread on bladeforums and checked out his websites where he appears to lie about his company's history:

http://www.greatknivesgreatprices.com/s ... about/Page
http://www.bladebid.com/asp/storecatalo ... outstore=1

The evidence seems to point to a man who will say anything to separate people from money without compensation or avoid responsibilty for doing it the right way. This guy looks like a piece of work. Many have already been ripped off. IMO keep your money far away from Andrew Kunz.
El Comanche

Post by El Comanche »

Thanks for all your replies and recommendations guys. I will heed your advice- E
What's the difference between a Republican and a Democrat?
A Republican wants to raise your taxes a little less then a Democrat and they both disagree on which freedoms you should have taken away . . .
bikerdoc

Post by bikerdoc »

I get great prices and service from bladematrix
Shenmue728

Post by Shenmue728 »

The first spyder i got was from this guy. I ordered a Serrated Scorpius and i got the plain edge. Called and emailed and got nothing in return.

bad business.
[CENTER]:spyder::spyder:Spyderco C.O.T.C.O.:spyder::spyder:[/CENTER]
DRod

Post by DRod »

NGK and SpydieGuys are my two choices.
NGK uses UPS which I love and SG lives less than an hour away so I pay for ground shipping and still get it over night most of the time. :)
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
type00rev

Greatknivesgreatprices aka Anderw Kunz is a CROOK....BEWARE people.

Post by type00rev »

El Comanche wrote:Hey y'all, just wanted to let you know about a company that takes your money and never sends you your knife. I ordered a white endura from greatknivesgreatprices.com with ups 2 day air on October 9th. After never receiving a tracking #(and still never receiving the knife). I have emailed 4 times with no reply and tried at least 6 times to call with only a voice mail box that is full. I finally called my bank today to get my money back.
Has anyone else had a problem with these guys? Just thought I'd give a heads up as I'm sure many of you order online. Also, if this is against any forum rules, let me know, I didn't see anything that said this would be restricted. Thanks- E
Comanche,

I'm sorry that you fallen victim to this guy. Please research before buying from online retailers. He has victimized countless knife buyers on many forums and auction sites. Please check the link I've posted and follow up with law enforcement. This guy needs to be stopped.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=538835
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
type00rev

Greatknivesgreatprices aka Andrew Kunz is a CROOK....BEWARE people.

Post by type00rev »

El Comanche wrote:Hey y'all, just wanted to let you know about a company that takes your money and never sends you your knife. I ordered a white endura from greatknivesgreatprices.com with ups 2 day air on October 9th. After never receiving a tracking #(and still never receiving the knife). I have emailed 4 times with no reply and tried at least 6 times to call with only a voice mail box that is full. I finally called my bank today to get my money back.
El Comanche,

I'm sorry that you have fallen victim to this guy. He has a notorious reputation, and has victimized countless knife buyers on many forums and auction sites. Please check the link I've posted below, and follow up with law enforcement with all of your documentation. This guy needs to be stopped....he gives our community a bad name.

People.....please research before buying from online retailers, especially those who you haven't dealt with previously.

GreatKnivesGreatPrices aka Andrew Kunz
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

Man this guy has a horrible reputation, on Blade forums he is a criminal...lol
I ordered a Microtech Ultratech 8 from him, and after I ordered I seen all the terrible feedback he has. I was thinking I just give him 250 bucks for nothing...By the grace of God I recieved my MTUT8 within a week of ordering... I hate it for all the folks he has done wrong...
Spyderskin A.K.A. hissatsu1 :spyder:
Blood Soaked Serrations!, Thats how I roll...:cool:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I would strongly recommend that anyone who has had an issue with the sites mentioned belonging to Andrew Kunz file a complaint with the FBI's IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center). You can find it here http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.

The more people who file a complaint, the better. If you really want to see him stopped, report him to the appropriate authorities.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
DRod

Post by DRod »

Thats good to know. I haven't had any dealings with the guy but its good to know who to report his kind of buisness too. Thanks.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947