Lionspy Update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Slash

Post by Slash »

I almost forgot or never knew in the frist place. Production or not?
Would be nice to know if I like it enough...buy a second one before they're gone.
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

Good question...... No way I could afford a 2nd at this point though.... I just wanna know when mine will be coming fro GPKnives......... My anxiousness just skyrocketed after seeing that they're available on spydies site!
**** is where we walk and heaven is what we make of it......

:spyder: Shhhtuff :D = CF Balance, LeafStorm, Phoenix, RockLobster, Lum Tanto "grey sprint", Police, Kiwi, bug :-P, CF Shabaria, Navaja, Yojimbo 2, PTT, Khukuri, SubHilt Vallotton
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

By what I saw, the dealer price is about 25% less than the MRP on the Spyderco site. So if you registered your Spyderco and got that discount code, you can buy off the Spyderco site right away for nearly the dealer price. That is if you are in a hurry.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Slash

Post by Slash »

KardinalSyn wrote:By what I saw, the dealer price is about 25% less than the MRP on the Spyderco site. So if you registered your Spyderco and got that discount code, you can buy off the Spyderco site right away for nearly the dealer price. That is if you are in a hurry.
MSRP is 499. I already paid 300. Little more than 25% is my math is correct.
Nice thought though. I think I'll wait. Heck, I've already waited this long. Another week or so won't kill me.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Yep
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
BladeHQ

Post by BladeHQ »

We received our first few autoship knives and we put up our video. I really like this one.

[video=youtube_share;016EtkUwFOY]http://youtu.be/016EtkUwFOY[/video]
BAL

Post by BAL »

That's a beast of a knife. I was going to get one, but the house needs a roof
and it's one or the other. The Lionspy doesn't shed water a well as shingles.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Thanks for the video review. Looks like a great knife. It's not in my budget right now, but I'd certainly be interested in picking one of these up in the future.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

I got mine from CS today $278. My understanding, is he only got 5 of them. Not sure how many shipped out from Spyderco. Doesn't sound like there were a lot.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Hector Castro wrote:I got mine from CS today $278. My understanding, is he only got 5 of them. Not sure how many shipped out from Spyderco. Doesn't sound like there were a lot.
When you say that you got yours, do you mean that you ordered one, or that you actually received the knife?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I just ordered one from CS myself. They're in stock.
:bug-red-white
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

What is this about a travel/storage case with this knife when you buy it from CS?
:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

Green Para 2 on pre order
mattman

Post by mattman »

Alchemy1 wrote:What is this about a travel/storage case with this knife when you buy it from CS?
I believe Taz mentioned that they were all coming with the pouch, but Jeff is probably the only one to note it in his description so far...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes, they come with a pouch, and a tool. These are shown in the bladehq video earlier in this thread.
:bug-red-white
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

Oops...guess I didn't watch enough of the video.
:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

Green Para 2 on pre order
DRH

Post by DRH »

Hector Castro wrote:I got mine from CS today $278. My understanding, is he only got 5 of them.
Blasted! I originally wasn't that interested in the Lionspy, but the bladehq video changed my mind. Was able to snag one from CS yesterday afternoon after I saw your post about Jeff having a few in stock. Got my shipping confirmation later that day. Unfortunately, he's out of them now.
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA

Post by 1623 »

Is it truly FFG? In the vid it appears to be hollow ground, similar to that of the Gayle Bradley.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

1623 wrote:Is it truly FFG? In the vid it appears to be hollow ground, similar to that of the Gayle Bradley.
It's clearly not a full flat grind, as you can see where the grind ends right below the Spyderco bug. It's impossible to tell from the pictures if it is hollow ground (which is concave) or a flat grind that ends somewhere between a full flat and flat saber grind.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Zencowboy

Post by Zencowboy »

I held the LionSpy this past Saturday at the Spyderco Outlet. The 1st thing that got my attention was the Thick Elmax Blade! A whopper. Nice balance and construction. It is more parts but steel on steel for the lock bar is better for long term use ( just get a back up of the small parts which are probably cheap ).
It to me is the Daddy of the SR-1 in terms of Blade length/thickness of blade and Spydie hole ( no protruding studs ).

Thanks!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jabba359 wrote:It's clearly not a full flat grind, as you can see where the grind ends right below the Spyderco bug. It's impossible to tell from the pictures if it is hollow ground (which is concave) or a flat grind that ends somewhere between a full flat and flat saber grind.
FWIW, the online catalog describes it as a "high flat grind".
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!