MT24P - Mule Team Fixed Blade with Maxamet

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
El Gato

Re: MT24P - Mule Team Fixed Blade with Maxamet

Post by El Gato »

Landed my 2 at 9:08 am and they are already shipped and on their way. I can't wait to get this one out to camp.
Thank you Spyderco for another great edition of the :spyder: Mule Team series. For me, this one is extra special. :)
kosta

Post by kosta »

I bought one, shipping $ 45, very expensive !!! 22 mule in a row. Where a mule 14 and 23?)
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

kosta wrote:I bought one, shipping $ 45, very expensive !!! 22 mule in a row. Where a mule 14 and 23?)
My understanding is the 23 is on it's way shortly :D and the 14 may never happen :( .
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
Ncmiked

Post by Ncmiked »

Order 2 and they are on the way. Nice fix for all the steel junkies out there.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Already got shipping notice, awesome job Spydercrew! I racked my brain and couldn't think of another opportunity to snag something in maxamet. Spyderco got me again!

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Got one :)
This one should go nicely with my K390 Mule.(my only mule) at least I'll have a team now.... :D :spyder:
Last edited by MacLaren on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Xplorer wrote:
kosta wrote:I bought one, shipping $ 45, very expensive !!! 22 mule in a row. Where a mule 14 and 23?)
My understanding is the 23 is on it's way shortly :D and the 14 may never happen :( .
What steel was #14 to be?
MAD777

Post by MAD777 »

Ordered mine just after the sale opened this morning and already have the shipping notice in my email! This will be my first Mule and it's not even my birthday! ;)
Mule Team 24 (Maxamet), Ladybug (VG10), Native 5 LW (S110V)
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

MacLaren wrote:
Xplorer wrote:
MT #14 was to be CTS-204P, originally announced in the Spyderbyte email but never released.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

El Gato wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Xplorer wrote:
MT #14 was to be CTS-204P, originally announced in the Spyderbyte email but never released.
Wow. Thanx for the info.
That's my favorite steel btw.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

MacLaren wrote:Wow. Thanx for the info. That's my favorite steel btw.
....I know right? Of all the Mules to miss THAT is the steel I'd prefer over just about all other steels. Granted M390 is basically the same thing but still...there's a little empty space in my mind (lots of empty space in my head...that's different :p ) that needs to be filled with a CTS-204P Mule. Meanwhile...Spyderco's Mule program is doing a kick a$$ job of providing me the opportunity to learn about steels I might not have known I liked otherwise, so I'm not complaining. :D
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Xplorer wrote:
MacLaren wrote:Wow. Thanx for the info. That's my favorite steel btw.
....I know right? Of all the Mules to miss THAT is the steel I'd prefer over just about all other steels. Granted M390 is basically the same thing but still...there's a little empty space in my mind (lots of empty space in my head...that's different :p ) that needs to be filled with a CTS-204P Mule. Meanwhile...Spyderco's Mule program is doing a kick a$$ job of providing me the opportunity to learn about steels I might not have known I liked otherwise, so I'm not complaining. :D
I know.
But, I'm just really glad Roger over at KW, decided to use it for his exclusive. 204P shines like a beacon in the night on the new Military...don't get me wrong, I love it on my Southard and Domino as well. But on the Millie, its just off the chain imo.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I really want to pick one of these up but am having a real hard time pulling the trigger. I already have a half dozen MT's that don't get used as much as they should.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Here is mine with a book about Rocky Flats. For those who don't know, Rocky Flats is a now decommissioned Cold War uranium refinement facility. It is located 5-10 miles north of Spyderco.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Here is mine with a book about Rocky Flats. For those who don't know, Rocky Flats is a now decommissioned Cold War uranium refinement facility. It is located 5-10 miles north of Spyderco.

You've had it for more than 5 minutes and don't have any cutting results yet???? You're letting us down man :)
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I'm at work. :( That pic was from my lunch break. It did a good job cutting a soft spot off my almost over ripe peach. ;) That is all I have to report so far. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Have mine on the way now! :)

Already have some basic scales and a sheath for it waiting...
Going back to Caly.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I almost forgot about this!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
MAD777

Post by MAD777 »

So, considering this is a non-stainless steel, should we force patina (boil it in vinegar, etc.) from the get-go? What's the consensus?
Mule Team 24 (Maxamet), Ladybug (VG10), Native 5 LW (S110V)
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MAD777 wrote:So, considering this is a non-stainless steel, should we force patina (boil it in vinegar, etc.) from the get-go? What's the consensus?

I am not doing anything to mine personally.