Endura w/armorer tool (Not Lone Wolf?)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
D-fens

Endura w/armorer tool (Not Lone Wolf?)

Post by D-fens »

Maybe yall can help me, I feel like I’m going crazy. Years ago, I could have swore I had in my possession an Endura (OR endela) that was BLUE/GREY in color that had the armorer tool in the same spot as the lone wolf….BUT it was spring loaded and like button / slide activated. I can remember how it deployed very swiftly and had this bouncy jiggle to it (kinda like the door stoppers) that I I used to flick out in boredom.

Y’all let me know if y’all remember ANYTHING like that.
:bug-red-white "D-Fens" :usflag
yablanowitz

Re: Endura w/armorer tool (Not Lone Wolf?)

Post by yablanowitz »

Unless it was custom made, you probably need to schedule a mental acuity check up. The closest thing I know of would be on the Remote Release, and that's not very close.
Scandi Grind

Post by Scandi Grind »

Maybe it just wasn't a Spyderco? That could make sense of it.
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

-- Old Norse proverb
D-fens

Post by D-fens »

yablanowitz wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:45 am
Unless it was custom made, you probably need to schedule a mental acuity check up. The closest thing I know of would be on the Remote Release, and that's not very close.
Lol gotta love the response....I know a lot of you would know way more than me. Thats why I wasnt afraid to ask. This would have been many years ago...2007ish maybe....07-10 at the latest....which gels at the same time as lone wolf as the c10PTAW...which I have...

But there is something in my mind that just sticks with me about that knife that had it. I just could have swore like I said...that grey-blue color that they come in, with the tool, but there was a little switch on the spine...maybe the side, but I could have swore it was the spine by the backlock, and it flipped out instantly and "boinged" if that makes sense lol. It was a good boredom passer. Reason I remember it was the endura was that the construction was very pronounced. The show side looked pinned, clip side was screws.

I dont know, maybe i will go get that checkup lol.
D-fens

Post by D-fens »

Scandi Grind wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:12 pm
Maybe it just wasn't a Spyderco? That could make sense of it.
Anything is possible and I'm glad this post is getting views for sure...maybe someone is equally as crazy as me and has the same visions lol. I just am like 90% sure it was spyderco. Unfortunately this was way before I started collecting....and you know how those days are....now we look back and its like why didn't i get or save that back then..... But like I said in my previous post, there aren't many that would meet all the things I know about them. The color, the shape, the construction...thats why im 90% sure....

Until Sal comes on here and sends the wagon to put me in a white coat lol.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

yablanowitz wrote:
I have no clue but this ⬆️ is hilarious 🤣
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

D-fens wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 1:00 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Lol gotta love the response....I know a lot of you would know way more than me. Thats why I wasnt afraid to ask. This would have been many years ago...2007ish maybe....07-10 at the latest....which gels at the same time as lone wolf as the c10PTAW...which I have...

But there is something in my mind that just sticks with me about that knife that had it. I just could have swore like I said...that grey-blue color that they come in, with the tool, but there was a little switch on the spine...maybe the side, but I could have swore it was the spine by the backlock, and it flipped out instantly and "boinged" if that makes sense lol. It was a good boredom passer. Reason I remember it was the endura was that the construction was very pronounced. The show side looked pinned, clip side was screws.

I dont know, maybe i will go get that checkup lol.
That "show side looked pinned, clip side was screws" could just be a case of fasteners with a smooth dome on one side with a screw going in the other side and a flat on the barrel to keep it from turning in the hole. If my feeble old memory serves, that was what they used at the time. Spydiwiki lists the Endura with Armorer's tool as having black scales, so if you are right about the color it was probably Frankenspydied together and quite possibly customized in the process.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I own the Remote Release and the Lone Wolf Endura. I am totally unfamiliar with any Spyderco with any sort of button activated armorer tool. I think the Remote Release is the closest thing I can think of, and I really liked the Snap It substantially better than the Remote Release.
Hic et nunc

Post by Hic et nunc »

I'm trying :winking-tongue

C103 P’Kal
C114 Phoenix
I use a translator :bug-red-white