Drunken Lynch Clip!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dnwrghtsr

Re: Drunken Lynch Clip!

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

In both of the other pictures of the clip mounted, it rides towards the back of the knife. Yours is mounted in the original position. Can you pick how you want it?
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

You can rotate it where you went before tightening.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

Nice!
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
gooeytek

Post by gooeytek »

ramblinwreck wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:05 pm
My clip arrived today. While expensive, this makes a great knife excellent. Casey did a great job.
That clip looks straighter than the other examples I've seen, is that also on the site? I don't like the dog-leg ones pictured above.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Finally got back in town with the clip in my mailbox! In order for the clip to properly seat in the recess of the knife it has to be angled the way Casey designed it to be. So far this clip is flawless and makes the Drunken a pleasure to use. You can also see the ramp of all three clips compared as well. Lastly, I love Casey Lynch’s customer service!

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Thanks for the heads up, I adjusted mine.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Can someone show a profile picture of how the clip sits against the titanium scales? For example, does it sit flush at the anchor/screw point?
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

captnvegtble wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:17 am
Can someone show a profile picture of how the clip sits against the titanium scales? For example, does it sit flush at the anchor/screw point?

Happen to have it in my pocket while I’m in line at the grocery store!

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:22 am
captnvegtble wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:17 am

Happen to have it in my pocket while I’m in line at the grocery store!
Thanks so much!

It's unfortunate that Spyderco didn't mill out more of a recess for the pocket clip... even the original pocket clip doesn't appear to sit totally flush where it's screwed into the scales... with the Lynch clip it certainly looks like an improvement functionally (and aesthetically), but looks like it sticks out quite a bit.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I really think one needs to remember that this is the only deep carry clip available for the Drunken now. This clip is indeed stout, but if it was any thinner or more flimsy it would fail in comparison. I also haven’t had a pocket yet that I’ve struggled to get this clip onto, it’s truly amazing.
Dane

Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:30 pm
I really think one needs to remember that this is the only deep carry clip available for the Drunken now. This clip is indeed stout, but if it was any thinner or more flimsy it would fail in comparison. I also haven’t had a pocket yet that I’ve struggled to get this clip onto, it’s truly amazing.

What do you mean “if it was any thinner or more flimsy it would fail in comparison?” I was hoping for a clip similar to his standard deep carry clips that fit most other Spyderco designs and run $24. They are much thinner but are also plenty strong. I knew his drunken clip would be more than the standard clip since he would have to design the screw end to fit in the recess for the drunken. Though I was hoping it would not be a thick milled clip since these are always more expensive due to the extra material and machining. And it also seems unnecessary for a pocket clip to be that thick.
SpiderIsland

Post by SpiderIsland »

ramblinwreck wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:05 pm
My clip arrived today. While expensive, this makes a great knife excellent. Casey did a great job.
It looks like your clip rests on the lock bar. The Lynch page shows it at an angle. Can you choose where you want it to land?
Dog spelled backwards is…