My humble apologies

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Crux

Re: My humble apologies

Post by Crux »

I'm still here, just watching my P's and Q's, whatever that means. Does anyone really know what that is and not what we think it is?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Origin: pints and quarts.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Or, from typesetting back in the day, be care not to confuse p and q. That is the most likely origin. I like the pints and quarts version better, from old bartenders keeping tabs, and the customer verifying. It could also be a reminder to say please (p's) and thank yous (q's).
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

MichaelScott wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm
Origin: pints and quarts.
I like this one ^^^

Or this
Other origin stories, some considered "fanciful",[2] could come from French instructions to mind one's pieds (feet) and queues (wigs) while dancing. However, there is no French translation for this expression.[5] Another origin could be from sailors in the 18th century who were reminded to pay attention to their peas (pea coat) and queues (pony tail).[5]

I think "following accepted social customs"is probably more relevant ...depending on who said it!!

Glad your still here sir!

James
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Crux wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:07 pm
To all my fellow knife enthusiasts, I want to apologize for posts that I've made where I thought it to be just a good-natured ribbing, but instead it was hurtful and for that I am sorry. As a seasoned citizen sometimes the lines between funny and insulting or ribbing and hurtful are sometimes as blurry as the newspaper text is without my reading glasses.

At no time did I mean any harm or insult anyone here and I am deeply sorry for any missteps in my recent posts. I think it's a wakeup call that maybe I have become too focused and fanatical on knives and since I have more that I could ever sell that maybe it's time to just stop and drop out. Some here have strongly suggested as much. I have to respect that.
I'm offended that you haven't offended me yet.

Is there a waiting list I need to apply for or is it first-come-first-served type of affair? :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
ferider

Post by ferider »

Crux wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:07 pm
...maybe it's time to just stop and drop out...
Please stay - this place would less fun without you.

Maybe just use more smilies ? :) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law)