Unpublished, Unreleased Books, Songs, and other things: How is this possible?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Unpublished, Unreleased Books, Songs, and other things: How is this possible?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Everyone, I have a question about something. I read recently that there exist songs, poems, hymns, and materials, both spiritual/religious and secular, that famous and not famous writers, authors, song-writers and others who died and even ones who are still alive, did not or have not released and which have not been put into music. My question is this: How is this possible and what causes this to happen?

For example, I read that there were writings by famous scientists such as Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla that have not been released and printed, even though we are now decades after their deaths. I also read that there are hymns and poems that song writers like Fanny Crosby and others did not ever put into music and which were not released, even though we are over 100 years after her physical death.

Someone told me there are even still in existence unpublished songs by the Beatles and other rock groups in existence. And also that there are thousands of proverbs that King Solomon of Israel wrote that were never published or were lost. And I have also been told that there are lost wrtings by famous historical people such as Archimedes of ancient Greece that were either lost or are buried.

And, to top it off, I have read and been told that there exist not one but multiple "hall of records" and archives of ancient super advanced science and technology that are buried in secret vaults, such as deep under the Great Pyramid of Giza and in hidden caves, that are just waiting for people to rediscover.

And here is a very strange one for you: An old Australian man once told me that he was told by Australian Aborigines and New Zealand Maoris that there are secret "vaults of knowledge" that the ancient Aborigines and Maoris who had super advanced technology buried in Australia and New Zealand, and even in solid rock vaults in the Polynesian and South Pacific islands, that rival modern technology. He said the ancient Aborigines had anti gravity, cloth that was stronger than steel and rust proof that could be molded into any shape you want, and, the ability to instantly heal damaged cells. I asked him where is this and he said the Aborigines told him it is lost to them but somewhere under the Australian and above-mentioned landmasses, and some of it may have been found by the Australian and New Zealand government but they are keeping it secret.

What do you all make of such things and such claims?

And on this same note, I have heard it claimed that there are unpublished and unmade knife designs held by many knife makers and knife companies, from Spyderco and Cold Steel, to Al Mar and even Randall made Knives, that were either made in prototype form or never made into actual knives but could be made. How realistic is that claim?
The Deacon

Re: Unpublished, Unreleased Books, Songs, and other things: How is this possible?

Post by The Deacon »

Most obvious reason for unpublished works by know authors would be that either the author did not feel the work(s) in question were worthy of publication or that the author passed away before completing them to his/her satisfaction.

As for the knives, can't speak for other companies, but I know Spyderco makes and shows "concept models" at knife shows and other places. Based on the reaction to those, some are put into production and some are shelved due to lack of interest from potential customers.

As for the rest, what I make of those claims is that there are plenty of people in the world who believe in ridiculous things. Personally, I'd have a hard time not laughing in their faces. If you can maintain a straight face while listening to them, you either have more willpower than me, or are as balmy as they are. Hope it's the former.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JD Spydo

Re: Unpublished, Unreleased Books, Songs, and other things: How is this possible?

Post by JD Spydo »

There is another perspective you need to look at this from. A favorite author of mine named Steve Quayle literally had to self- publish his first 3 books and I believe it was because of the content. Many major publishers don't want to take on anything controversial. Another aspect of hidden knowledge which I believe to be true is this recent ( in the past 5 years) revelation that Adolf Hitler might have escaped Germany. There are two authors who tackled that subject with much ridicule from the mainstream ( imagine that :rolleyes: )>> they are Jerome Corsi and Harry Cooper. Both of them had a horrible time getting their books published. And the History Channel pretty much copied what Jerome Corsi revealed in his book and made a popular series on it about 3 years ago.

Also in the ancient/historical field there is without a doubt all kinds of lost knowledge. Take many of these ancient megaliths, pyramids and a wide variety of ancient structures on several continents that there is no plausible explanation for as to how they built them >> that is indeed lost knowledge of some type. I've talked to two college professors and they admit that they really don't have any rational idea as to how they built the Pyramids of Giza for instance>> but that's only the tip of the iceberg because you could put "Machu Piccu" in Peru and Puma Punku in Bolivia both in that sector as well>> they have no idea what so ever as to how they built those structures and the precision in which they built them is baffling to say the least. It's also interesting that a select group of archaeologists in the past decade have petitioned the Egyptian government to dig below the "Sphinx" because some historians believe that there might be a hall of records underneath it. But the Egyptian government for whatever reason won't allow it. Good thing the Egyptians were not that way when Howard Carter discovered King Tut's tomb or we would have never known about it.

I personally believe that there are all kinds of technologies and many variants of hidden knowledge that have been lost or hidden over the centuries. Because there is an old saying among many historians>> "Whoever Wins The Wars Is Who Ends Up Writing The History" ( of their perception of it :rolleyes: )
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

JD, then let's picture this scenario: Let's say that the ancients made a material that is stronger and harder than diamond, and rust proof, and they put some sheets and objects made from it in a vault and buried it. Now, its the 21st century, and human explorers discover it. Would all of the media outlets get access to it, or, would whomever government was over those who found it do their best to conceal and classify it, while also trying to reverse engineer it in laboratories, to reproduce it, or a similiar material like it?

I read a book by a man who claimed that he was part of an expedition to the Great Pyramid of Giza in the 1970s, and he and the team of hand-picked scientists found such a material. He claims they found sheets of it with lettering in an ancient Sumerian like language, and they tried to cut it with diamond-tipped drills and the drills would not even scratch it. Can you imagine what types of knives could be made with that?

He also claimed they found anti gravity devices. Various people over the years have made similiar claims to me about other findings.

The man in the book I mentioned above said it was a metal that was the color of stainless steel, grayish silver, that was harder than diamond. How would such a metal be made, considering the limits we know of the Periodic Table of Elements? Would they have had to somehow alter and compress the inner and outer valence electrons to make it stronger and harder than even diamond and keep it stabilized that way?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 am
Everyone, I have a question about something. I read recently that there exist songs, poems, hymns, and materials, both spiritual/religious and secular, that famous and not famous writers, authors, song-writers and others who died and even ones who are still alive, did not or have not released and which have not been put into music. My question is this: How is this possible and what causes this to happen?

For example, I read that there were writings by famous scientists such as Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla that have not been released and printed, even though we are now decades after their deaths. I also read that there are hymns and poems that song writers like Fanny Crosby and others did not ever put into music and which were not released, even though we are over 100 years after her physical death.

And on this same note, I have heard it claimed that there are unpublished and unmade knife designs held by many knife makers and knife companies, from Spyderco and Cold Steel, to Al Mar and even Randall made Knives, that were either made in prototype form or never made into actual knives but could be made. How realistic is that claim?
What causes it to happen?

1. You start a project but lose interest with it- and shelve it, partially finished, to come back to at a later date.
2. You finish a project but are unhappy with it- and store it for reference
3. You start 2+ things at once and end up only finishing one of them- the one that you are happy with, and end up leaving 1 or more partially finished
4. You are lucky enough to have a method of selling your creative output.You end up focusing on what sells, leaving less marketable projects on the shelf 'for another time'
4.5 Same as 4, but add in years of trying to sell your output, leading to a stack of finished projects on the shelf.
5. You try something new you find really exciting. It doesn't end up giving you the result you wanted, and shelve it.
....And sadly, time catches up with everyone and there is no more 'later' to finish the work in :(

I know carpenters with sheds full of unfinished projects.
I know model painters with part-built kits and half-finished armies (myself included)
My wife has a craft room full of crocheting and knitting that's 'WIP'
I've got 75,000 words of a sci-fi novel sat on Dropbox that I've been nibbling at finishing over the last 5 years.

If you've ever had unravel a loved ones financial affairs after they have passed, then it's 100% plausible that we discover 'new' works in the records of a lifetime of creativity.

For a company rather than an individual this becomes more vital- that prototype is IP that you need to keep 'Just in case'....
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
awa54

Post by awa54 »

This isn't always the case check the link for a different perspective...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_Avenue
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

I have tons of song ideas and even songs recorded, never published (or published for free, just instrumentals). It's not uncommon.

One day I'll actually finish some stuff... But toddlers don't allow you the time sometimes!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

awa54 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:51 pm

That's lovely- and another example to add to the list of reasons.....

I think more about Tolkein's Silmarrillion which was assembled from fragments after his death- It's arguable whether it was ever intended for publication or was simply his collected 'world building' to give structure to Lord Of The Rings
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

awa54 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:51 pm

But we'll never know the actual reason(s) Woody Guthrie never put those lyrics to music, or if he would be happy with the resulting songs. Is the act of someone putting his unpublished lyrics to music after his death really any different than if they'd put published poems by Shakespeare, Burns, Poe, Whitman, etc. to music?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!