LC200N Model List?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Zatx

LC200N Model List?

Post by Zatx »

I recently purchased a SpydieChef and absolutely fell in love with LC200N steel. I don't need a knife to hold its sharpness through 500 cuts of thick rope or cardboard before I can resharpen it; my cutting tasks are light and few and far between. This LC200N steel takes an amazingly keen mirrored polished edge that comes back after two passes down a good strop.

What other Spyderco models are offered in this miracle steel? Can we have the standard "base" S30V steel switched to LC200N, please? Thanks!

[On second thought, please don't change the base steel; if every model was LC200N, I'd end up buying every model.]
TomAiello

Re: LC200N Model List?

Post by TomAiello »

You can just search their site for the steel:

https://www.spyderco.com/?s=lc200n
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

That search doesn't have the Waterway fixed blade coming soon.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I can't find the Waterway on the Spyderco site at all actually. Weird.
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

TomAiello wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:13 pm
I can't find the Waterway on the Spyderco site at all actually. Weird.

Don't read too much into that; their website is very hit or miss. Currently, the Ikuchi shows up as "Coming Soon," but the Smock does not. When I called the SFO to check on Smock availability, I was told that the webpage wouldn't go live until they had them in stock. When I said, "Well what about the Ikuchi that is currently on the website," after verifying it is found there, they said, "Oh, well, I... uh... don't know." I suspect being a smallish company that the website is handled by someone who has other responsibilities as well. Nothing wrong with that, that's how small companies survive and grow.