2019 New Product Reveal!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ABX2011

Re: 2019 New Product Reveal!

Post by ABX2011 »

The Reveal seems like a great concept. It builds excitement throughout the year while hopefully lessening the number of inquiries and complaints about catalog items that aren't yet available.
Bravo Spyderco!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Nice job Sal and Team Spyderco! I love how this NPR turned out! Can't wait for the Para 3 LW and Ikuchi!
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

sal wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 am
So I guess the new Reveal might be a good thing? The staff worked really hard to come up with this program.

sal
Hi Sal,

Yes, I for one, think the reveal concept is a great idea! I check in on the forum pretty frequently, but somehow, I had missed the memo on the upcoming Para 3 LW.. when I saw it headlining the reveal catalog, I was quite surprised.. in the best of ways. I think it will be great to not only know what's coming down the pike, but to receive the actual specs (not speculation) on upcoming products in a catalog format. This reveal catalog represents an extraordinary effort from all involved and is very much appreciated!

Rick
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

this is proving excellent so far. :spyder:
Well done, exciting, take that naysayers!

Great stuff, Sal & Co.
I wish you the best with this new approach

Those who were so harsh with the Way Spyderco started this new year, that Para 3 LW (with deep carry wire clip nonetheless! :) ), new Endura Wharnie :cool: , Ikuchi at $130 :o , Gauntlet :eek:, and beautiful pics and format (especially on the Abel Reels colorful section) should come as a hard blow to their pessimistic words
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

Like this new format, very much. Thanks Spyderco.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

sal wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 am
So I guess the new Reveal might be a good thing? The staff worked really hard to come up with this program.

sal
The only suggestion I'd make is that www.spyderco.com/reveal be pointed to the catalog - http://catalog.spyderco.com/reveal/#/ , rather then the new products page - https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/catego ... uct-reveal . Or perhaps set up Spyderco.com/reveal to have a couple of nice graphics with one as a hyperlink to the catalog, and one as a hyperlink to the new products listing. The virtual catalog format is so much more visually appealing than just the new products listing, and that visual appeal of the catalog format makes the reveal feel much more special and exciting.

Your team's hard work is evident in the graphic design on this first reveal catalog - it looks every bit the level of the annual catalog in a lower page count format. Bravo! I like the idea of multiple reveal mini-catalogs showing products that are close to being available, vs the old annual and mid year catalogs with products that Spyderco was hoping / intending to produce within the year if there were no production or other delays.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I am so happy that the Endura Wharncliffe is finally going to be available!
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Something looks totally wrong with Para 3 LW: the hourglass clip in the middle of the handle has been replaced with a deep-carry wire clip and the lanyard hole has been moved where it should have been placed initially

A power struggle seems to be ongoing within Spyderco now and The Lanyard Hole Syndicate is losing the grip :D

The stop pin looks that is with torx now
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I like the new reveal system aswell!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:11 am
Something looks totally wrong with Para 3 LW: the hourglass clip in the middle of the handle has been replaced with a deep-carry wire clip and the lanyard hole has been moved where it should have been placed initially

A power struggle seems to be ongoing within Spyderco now and The Lanyard Hole Syndicate is losing the grip :D
Ha, good news for those of us who passed on the G-10 version for that reason.
Sildani

Post by Sildani »

I like this idea, Sal. More focused on what’s coming out soonish, and we have a better idea of when.

And I’m in for a Meerkat.
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:46 pm
Also thank you for moving the clip placement to allow for deep carry on the para 3 lw
Great catch! I didn’t even see that!!!
Ric

Post by Ric »

My Para 3 LW SE was delivered Friday to my dealer. Picked it up on Saturday.

That's 105 days from revealing to holding in my hands.

I call that a win.
Great job Spyderco!